Migrating to Australia

Due to the many enquiries we have been receiving regarding moving to Perth, Western Australia, we have put together this page of information to assist you.

Please take the time to read and follow the links which provide all the information you require.

IMPORTANT – if you are planning to move to Australia you MUST have a Working Visa or Residency Visa. You can not arrive on a Tourist Visa with the intention to live here. You will be refused entry to Australia and only loose your time and money getting here.

Government Migrant Assistance

Working Holiday Visa – 18 years to 30 years.

This visa is for people aged 18 to 30 years of age, who are interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months in Australia. After working for 3 months a second application can be made to extend the visa for another 12 months. You can only work for the same employer for a maximum of 6 months in a year.  For more details and online applications please visit the immigration website link below.



Professionals and Other Skilled Migrants

The General Skilled Migration Program (GSM) is for professionals and other skilled migrants who are not sponsored by an employer and who have skills in particular occupations required in Australia.



Employer Sponsored Workers

For lawfully operating Australian and overseas employers to sponsor and employ skilled workers who have recognised qualifications and skills/or experience in particular occupations required in Australia.



Visas, Immigration and Refugees



Applications, Forms and Booklets

Here is a list of all the immigration forms and booklets to start your application process.


Important: If you are seeking professional employment and have a degree please ensure that your Greek qualifications are validated by a “Board/Department” so they can be recognized in Australia and you can get a job – first step is to contact Bill Evangel (Greek speaking lawyer & immigration contact) on +618 9325 2111 for first contact assistance.

Download the Australian High Commission Nicosia information sheet here

If you still need to email us please email to info@cypriotcommunitywa.com


The information on this page is merely given to inform you of some of the options and necessary processes involved in emigrating to Australia. The information is not exhaustive and more information can be found at https://www.immi.gov.au. We are in no way specialists in emigration and we strongly advise that you contact an emigration/immigration specialist for professional advice. The Cypriot Community of WA and its Committee and Members accept no responsibility and are not liable for any adverse situations borne out of improper use of this information.